GWINNETT COUNTY — IT Associate II – AOC
An Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY $47,215.00 – $54,888.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 04/27/17
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Position Summary: The Gwinnett County Administrative Office of the Courts is seeking an IT Associate II to assist in all aspects of desktop administration within the Law Library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides advanced technical assistance and troubleshooting for computer hardware, software, network and/or other related technology problems. Assists with problem and/or process identification, definition and resolution.
- Collaborates with management, staff, and internal customers to determine desired technological goals, priorities, and resources. Analyzes operating procedures and develops related operating manuals. Monitors computer related inventory; orders computer supplies and equipment as directed.
- Provides customer service to employees, attorneys and patrons of the Law Library. Conducts occasional training sessions on Law Library technology.
- Participates in the development of specifications, requests for proposal, and maintenance agreements. Coordinates the service of vendors and other internal staff.
- Sets-up, configures, tests, implements and maintains a variety of computer hardware, software, peripheral devices and systems. Monitors and ensures systems meet business and performance needs. Participates in projects related to technical and non-technical initiatives and the on-going support of systems. Designs and maintains a variety of system reports.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
High School Diploma or G.E.D., and two years experience at the Information Technology Technician level, or comparable level; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and one year of related computer/information technology experience.
The applicant selected for this position is subject to a criminal background check.
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- HSA/HRA available
- Basic, Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-site Medical Wellness Center
- Holidays: 12 holidays per year
- Annual leave (vacation): 13 days/year at hire; ascending thereafter
- Sick leave: 13 days/year
- Immunizations (Flu Shots, Tetanus, etc.)
- Wellness Incentive Programs
- Annual Wellness Fair
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Financial Education Programs
- Funeral Leave
- Longevity Pay after 3 years (full-time status)
- Tuition Reimbursement after 2 years (full-time status)
- Employee assistance program
- Uniforms and equipment furnished
- Employee discount programs
- Retirement Benefits include:
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
*Employees can choose a contribution rate of 2.5%, 5.0%, or 7.5% *Gwinnett County will contribute 7.0% of your pensionable earnings per pay period.
*An employee is fully vested in 5 years. An employee can retire if he/she has reached the age of 55 and the sum of his/her age and years of service equals 65.
- Deferred Compensation Plan
*If you contribute at least 2.5% of your base pay to the 457(b) plan, Gwinnett County will contribute an additional 1% to your Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (this is in addition to the 7% described above). It is the policy of Gwinnett County to provide equal employment opportunities with regard to all terms and conditions of employment and to base employment decisions on job related qualifications of the applicants or the employee.
IT Associate II – AOC Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Do you have experience with HTML and web design? Yes No
* 2. If yes, please provide a brief explanation of your experience.
* 3. Do you have network or server maintenance experience? Yes No
* 4. If yes, please describe your experience.
* 5. Do you have experience with cloud based software? Yes No
* 6. If yes, please describe your experience.
* 7. Do you have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud? Yes No
* 8. If yes, please describe your experience.
* 9. Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree? Yes No
* Required Question
We have an opening in our Atlanta office. Please use the link below to apply.
Dentons US LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with more than 900 lawyers in the United States. The firm is seeking a full-time Research Analyst for the Atlanta office. This position performs in-depth legal research, and other legal, business and competitive intelligence research support as needed to support the lawyers, paralegals and other staff.
• Provide complex business and legal research services to the firm’s lawyers and staff as part of the firm-wide research team.
• Assist lawyers, professionals and support staff in conducting research using online and other research materials and technologies available at the Firm.
• Prepare alerts and resource awareness communications for internal clients.
• Conduct orientations regarding research services procedures and uses for new personnel.
• Share expertise, resources awareness and service delivery best practices and innovation concepts with Department peers.
• Support information access and decision making tools analysis, design, implementation and support initiatives of the Firm’s Knowledge Management Department.
• Log research and other productive time in the Firm’s research tracking and knowledge base system.
• Manage claims and invoices for purchases for the Atlanta library. Supervise the technical services assistant and filer.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
• 3+ years of research and analysis experience in a law firm, professional services or corporate law firm research environment.
• Masters of Library Science degree, J.D., or equivalent professional experience.
• Knowledge of standard legal research sources both in print and online.
• Strong client and team interpersonal and consensus generating collaboration skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, perform under tight time deadlines and flexibly adjust to changing priorities.
Dentons offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans. We are an Affirmative Action Employer. Dentons adheres to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Firmwide – Atlanta office
BakerHostetler is recognized as one of the leading law firms in the country. With nearly 950 attorneys located in 14 offices from coast to coast, we’re a great place to work for those who seek personal growth and a collaborative environment.
We deliver the highest quality counsel to our clients, including Boeing, Cardinal Health, Caterpillar Inc., Colgate-Palmolive, E.W. Scripps, Exxon Mobil, Ford Motor Company, KeyCorp and the Progressive Corporation.
Now in our 100th year, the firm maintains the same values as when it was founded a century ago; love and respect for the law, respect for each other, and the courage to make hard decisions on the basis of what we know to be right. Our people help us distinguish our firm through a commitment to the highest standard of client care – and our clients recognize and value this from all of our people.
Our Firmwide Legal Research Services department has an excellent opportunity for a Legal Researcher in the Atlanta office. The Legal Researcher provides support in a traditional and virtual environment along with Legal Research Services staff in other Firm locations. Although part of a larger Firmwide team, this is potentially the only department position dedicated to research in this location. Primary responsibilities include providing reference and research services to internal attorneys and staff, while also assisting Legal Research Services Manager with research training preparation and presentation, depending on needs. Specific duties include the following:
Reference and Research
- Provide both quick reference and in-depth research services using a variety of legal and non-legal resources, determining the appropriate resource to use based on time, cost and user need.
- Conduct in-depth reference interviews with attorneys in order to clarify the subject, scope and purpose of their request.
- Summarize and customize research results in order to meet the specific requirements of the requestor, and report same in centralized research tracking system.
- Utilize electronic and print resources to support practice groups across the Firm, with a projected focus on all aspects of litigation.
- Litigation research support tasks will include creating expert witness profiles, corporate and individual litigation histories/trends, conducting in depth public records searches, judicial and attorney profiles, jury verdict research, and creating, managing and delivering docket and case alerts and searching same. Research may involve other areas in which the Firm practices, including but not limited to bankruptcy, case law research, legislative histories, and statutory and regulatory research and tracking.
- Occasionally assist with competitive intelligence projects by conducting industry and business research and compiling data.
- Provide training assistance in use of legal content collection and commercial databases.
- Assist Legal Research Services Manager in preparing training classes and associated materials for groups and individuals with differing needs and technological skill levels, potentially focused on training for litigation and bankruptcy practitioners.
- Assist summer associates and provide early training in print and online research.
- Assist Legal Research Services Manager in creating research and bibliographical tools (collateral, research guides, checklists, etc.) on legal and business topics.
- Act as liaison to specific practice groups to determine research needs and develop topical research expertise, and assist in building and maintaining research folders within the Firm’s document management system.
- Participate in development of intranet resources, including advising Legal Research Services Manager on content use patterns and practice group needs.
- Keep up to date on changes and developments in information resources and develop knowledge of unique search strategies for each.
- Test new services and products for possible addition to collection.
- Communicate effectively with publishers and other information providers to advance the interests of the firm.
- Share with other staff any comments or feedback received from Legal Research Services patrons.
- Recognize the value of professional networking and actively participate in professional associations and online communities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in library science or equivalent experience and/or J.D. or MLIS a plus. At least 5 years of experience conducting in-depth research, preferably with specific experience in litigation, and general legal research, including but not limited to statutory, regulatory, interpretive agency documents, legislative histories and case research, preferably in a virtual setting. Law Firm experience desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of a wide variety of print and electronic resources commonly used in a large law firm and consistent ability to determine the appropriate resource based on time and cost requirements. Specific intermediate to advanced skills necessary in resources used for expert witness, litigation analysis, public records, jury verdicts, court document retrieval, docket searching and alerting, and other similar litigation research.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, able to listen and communicate clearly and effectively, ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, attorneys, and other support staff.
- A high service level and collaborative mindset, and the ability to interact with a wide variety of users on a professional level.
- The ability to work independently and in a virtual team environment, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks under pressure.
BakerHostetler offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit program. Specific information is provided during the interview process.
- Competitive Salaries
- Performance Bonus Program
- Generous Time Off
- Generous Retirement Program including 401(k) Plan
- Group Health, Dental and Vision Insurance including same-sex domestic partner coverage
- BHealthy Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Accident Insurance – Self and Family
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Pre-Tax Benefit Programs
For consideration please send resume to:
Amanda Kelley, Firmwide Human Resources Coordinator/Recruiter
Confidential fax: 216-430-2985
Please visit www.bakerlaw.com for more information about our Firm.
DOCUMENT SCANNING SPECIALIST
Cadence Group is a woman-owned consulting firm, specializing in information management. Cadence Group has a long history of helping clients easily obtain and manage information tailored to specific needs. We are currently looking for a Document Scanning Specialist to join a dynamic and rapidly growing team.
The Document Scanning Specialist will assist the records team to maintain best practices associated with records and information management, and will provide assistance to personnel in scanning documents into the electronic system. This person will also:
- Scanning documents
- Performing quality checks on scanned images
- Records maintenance
- Circulation support (e.g., pulling requests, filing)
- Support of record center projects
- Other tasks regarding the collection as directed by the Team Lead
- Scanning/imaging documents
- One year of related experience with records management
- Document control or library services
- Good organizational skills and be detailed
- High school diploma required and some college
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well both with team and management
- Self-starter and be able to work independently as well as a team member
Please click on this link, complete the form, upload your resume and submit: