Location: Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton
President Deborah Schander welcomed everyone and thanked Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton for hosting.
The topic for this meeting was “Reaching Out to Stakeholders.” The panelist for this topic discussed how libraries and librarians can reach out to law school administrators and law firm partners to convey their value. The panel included:
- Corin McCarthy, Partner, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton
- Mark Engsberg, Director of Library Services & Assistant Professor of Law, Emory University School of Law
- Austin Martin Williams, Coordinator of Research Instructional Services, Georgia State University College of Law (Moderator)
- How does your library and librarians work with your organization? What is their role in the organization?
- How are the librarians perceived by the organizational owners?
- What does your organization look to receive or get out of libraries and librarians? How do you measure that the library is successful? What constitutes success?
- Do the librarians report on their activities?
- How can librarians better communicate their value to organizational owners?
- Can you give an example of a time when the library’s work enhanced your organization’s revenue or reputation?
- How has the library’s role changed in the past 10 years? What do you anticipate needing from it in the future?
The next meeting will be on March 10th at John Marshall Law School.