GWINNETT COUNTY — IT Associate II – AOC
An Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY $47,215.00 – $54,888.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 04/27/17
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Position Summary: The Gwinnett County Administrative Office of the Courts is seeking an IT Associate II to assist in all aspects of desktop administration within the Law Library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides advanced technical assistance and troubleshooting for computer hardware, software, network and/or other related technology problems. Assists with problem and/or process identification, definition and resolution.
- Collaborates with management, staff, and internal customers to determine desired technological goals, priorities, and resources. Analyzes operating procedures and develops related operating manuals. Monitors computer related inventory; orders computer supplies and equipment as directed.
- Provides customer service to employees, attorneys and patrons of the Law Library. Conducts occasional training sessions on Law Library technology.
- Participates in the development of specifications, requests for proposal, and maintenance agreements. Coordinates the service of vendors and other internal staff.
- Sets-up, configures, tests, implements and maintains a variety of computer hardware, software, peripheral devices and systems. Monitors and ensures systems meet business and performance needs. Participates in projects related to technical and non-technical initiatives and the on-going support of systems. Designs and maintains a variety of system reports.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
High School Diploma or G.E.D., and two years experience at the Information Technology Technician level, or comparable level; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and one year of related computer/information technology experience.
The applicant selected for this position is subject to a criminal background check.
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- HSA/HRA available
- Basic, Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-site Medical Wellness Center
- Holidays: 12 holidays per year
- Annual leave (vacation): 13 days/year at hire; ascending thereafter
- Sick leave: 13 days/year
- Immunizations (Flu Shots, Tetanus, etc.)
- Wellness Incentive Programs
- Annual Wellness Fair
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Financial Education Programs
- Funeral Leave
- Longevity Pay after 3 years (full-time status)
- Tuition Reimbursement after 2 years (full-time status)
- Employee assistance program
- Uniforms and equipment furnished
- Employee discount programs
- Retirement Benefits include:
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
*Employees can choose a contribution rate of 2.5%, 5.0%, or 7.5% *Gwinnett County will contribute 7.0% of your pensionable earnings per pay period.
*An employee is fully vested in 5 years. An employee can retire if he/she has reached the age of 55 and the sum of his/her age and years of service equals 65.
- Deferred Compensation Plan
*If you contribute at least 2.5% of your base pay to the 457(b) plan, Gwinnett County will contribute an additional 1% to your Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (this is in addition to the 7% described above). It is the policy of Gwinnett County to provide equal employment opportunities with regard to all terms and conditions of employment and to base employment decisions on job related qualifications of the applicants or the employee.
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
IT Associate II – AOC Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Do you have experience with HTML and web design? Yes No
* 2. If yes, please provide a brief explanation of your experience.
* 3. Do you have network or server maintenance experience? Yes No
* 4. If yes, please describe your experience.
* 5. Do you have experience with cloud based software? Yes No
* 6. If yes, please describe your experience.
* 7. Do you have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud? Yes No
* 8. If yes, please describe your experience.
* 9. Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree? Yes No
* Required Question